Hart Of Home

Followers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Run out of Food to talk about

  Hello everyone out there.  I know it's been awhile since I have written anything, it's just that there has been little for me to write regarding food.  Yes we are always eating and cooking and baking, but it's just that I am a creature of habit and we eat and fix food the same way a lot.  
  We have been going to a local farmer lately and getting our veggies and fruit from him for the week and pretty cheap too.  It's actually been really nice, we cook the veggies and eat them with a little salt, pepper, and butter.  So it's been very simple and easy to do meals that take virtually no time for us to make for our large family.  
  I have however been reading a lot.  I stated reading a Francine Rivers book called "A Voice In The Wind."  I just want to say what an amazing book.  I am not a new Christian but I have to say that, that book opened my eyes to what God calls on us to do.  It has transformed my prayer life!  I pray now constantly where as before I prayed when I remembered I needed something ( I am ashamed to say).  Now I pray and just talk to God all the time.  It has helped me so much, I feel happier, lighter, and just made my life better.  The little things in my life that drove me crazy or mad or angry now just don't.  I can get through my days better.  Now I am not saying that because of my prayer life that my life is golden all the time.  I have my days and I pray harder on those day.   
   I think another aspect that has helped me to grow in Christ is my increased involvement in my church.  I had always viewed church as something to help me, not for me to help or be a part of.  All of that changed for me one day when a woman from our church called and asked me to help with something they needed help with.  I helped that one time and than after that I knew it was what God was calling me to do for his people.  I think that God calls all of us to serve and help in whatever ways we can, we all have special and unique gifts that we can offer, that help in many ways.
  I know I was kind of all over the place today, it's just been one of those days for me, plus I am just an all over kind of gal.  I jump around in conversations like my kids jump around my house.  Not sure if that is ADD, being a mom, or what but it is what it is and I am trying to get better. 
Good night all,



In God's Love Meaghan

No comments: