Hart Of Home

Followers

Friday, April 2, 2010

Books to live by

  Now the books that I use in the kitchen are only a few.  The first one is Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon, the other is a cook book by The Breadbekers, www.breadbeckers.com, and lastly is a sourdough book that came w/ my sourdough starter.  Like I said before I use recipes but do not always follow them.  These cookbooks I use as guides more or less.
  My husband and I made a curry chicken the other night from Nourishing Traditions and played around with the spices and had fun doing so.  My husband loves Indian food and until recently I did not.  So he was so excited that I wanted to make this curried chicken.  He had Indian spices that he had bought at Whole Foods and was all too excited to use them.  It was great fun, cooking in the kitchen together.  It turned out wonderful too.  All the kids ate it except my two year old who is becoming more and more hard to please when it comes to food.  Tonight we are going to make chicken gumbo that is in the Nourishing Traditions book, but we are already planning on changing it up some.  If you do not have Nourishing Traditions go get it!  It's a wonderful tool also check out www.nourishedkitchen.com, she has countless resources and recipes to help anyone get started on this voyage of traditional eating.
 

No comments: